This term looks like it could be on a stock market display yeah?
“DKNB had climbed one and a quarter at today’s closing bell”.
Perhaps representative of the file naming process where vowels are dropped to reduce the descriptive title length, ie, “fraud 2014-2018” becomes, FRD 2014-2018; “theft” becomes THFT; “that no-good lying bastard becomes” THTNGDLNGBSTRD, etc.?
However, “Members of this DKNB” is a quality neutral assertion of fact without indication of potential desirability for inclusion in the group – absent the context in which it was used. For example,
“Members of this DKNB”, which was formed through the mutual efforts of various churches in the area, attributed their community success to the cooperation between……” would likely be perceived as a good thing with which to be involved, whereas,
“Members of this DKNB” were quickly surrounded by SWAT personnel and the area closed to traffic”, probably not so good – and might indeed suggest using a different route home.
Obviously when the words forming DKNB are revealed it certainly appears derogatory and dismissive yet this interpretation fails to appreciate the environment giving birth to the spontaneous shorthand. So basically, blah, blah, blah … — … 🙂
Lake Don Pedro Community Services District
9751 Merced Falls Rd., La Grange, CA 95329
- 852-2331 – ldpcsd.org
Danny Johnson, President Dan Hankemeier, Vice President
Emery Ross Russell Warren Nellie Sperry
Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors
9751 Merced Falls Road
March 19, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
Mission Statement: The Lake Don Pedro CSD is dedicated to providing our customers with ample quantities of high quality water meeting all standards, in a fiscally responsible manner.
- CALL TO ORDER: Presiding Officer: Establish Quorum, Pledge of Allegiance:
2. PUBLIC COMMENT:
Any person may address the Board at this time on any matter within the jurisdiction of the Board that is NOT ON THE AGENDA. A maximum of three minutes is allowed each person and a maximum of 20 minutes per topic. Any person wishing to address the Board on an item ON THE AGENDA will be given the opportunity at that time. Speakers are encouraged to consult District Management or Directors prior to agenda preparation regarding any District matters, as no action will be taken on non-agenda issues.
3. PRESENTATION ONLY:
- Presiding Officer’s Report
- General Manager’s Report: Peter Kampa
- Chief Plant Operator’s Report: Gilgo
4. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA: The following items may all be approved in one motion or considered separately as determined appropriate by the President
- Read and file the February 2018 Treasurer’s Report
- Approval of the Minutes of the Special Meeting of February 21, 2018
5. DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS
- Review and acceptance of the 2016/17 annual audit
- Consideration of request from internet service provider Cal.net for use of Arbolada Tank property for an additional wireless internet antenna
- Discussion and action related to system water loss, loss reports, customer and system master meter accuracy and related actions/implications
- Discussion and action related to Notice of Intent to submit an application for federal Hazard Mitigation Grant funding for the purchase and installation of fuel-powered generators to operate critical pumps during power outages
- Adoption of a resolution amending the District Investment Policy
Lake Don Pedro CSD
Regular Board Meeting of March 19, 2018
Page 2 of 2
Meeting agendas and written materials supporting agenda items, if produced, can be received by the public for free in advance of the meeting by any of the following options:
- A paper copy viewed at the District office, 9751 Merced Falls , La Grange, CA 95329 during business hours or mailed pursuant to a written request and payment of associated mailing fees
- An electronic copy received by Note – a form requesting email delivery of agendas and/or meeting materials must be completed a minimum of one week in advance of the meeting
- Viewed on the Board page of the District’s website
- A limited number of copies of agenda materials will also be available at the meeting
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance: If you require special assistance to participate in Board Meetings, please contact the LDPCSD Board Secretary at (209) 852-2251 Ext. 2.
Advance notification will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to insure accessibility.
My best to you and yours, Lew